I need a new camera. There’s a grey cloud in the top center of all my pics these days. I think something happened to the lens. Poop. So now the hunt is on. Maybe i’ll get myself one for my birthday even though that is 5 months away. eek. Here are some current contenders.
- currently $329 on amazon
- 12.2 -megapixel CMOS sensor for high speed operation and exceptional low-light performance.
- 4.2x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens
- 4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- EXPEED C2 with enhanced image quality and processing speed
- 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display
- There’s a Mode Dial for quick and convenient control over select settings, including shutter/aperture/programmed and manual exposure. Exposure Bracketing automatically brackets exposure for three shots. And the ISO can be set as high as 3200 at full resolution to control image quality in low-light conditions or when shooting fast moving subjects.
The COOLPIX P300 also features several new in-camera special effects, including High-Contrast Monochrome for sophisticated black and white shots. Nostalgic Sepia adds character and mood or creates shots with an antiqued look. In-camera editing functions such as active D-Lighting restore details and contrast. This camera comes with several filter effects like Painting, Fisheye, Miniature, and Cross Screen. You can also control images with a creative slider that adjusts brightness, intensity and hue.
- $319 on amazon
- 16.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 4.2x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture
- 3-inch Ultra-high-resolution (921,000 Dot) LCD
- Full HD (1080p) Movies with Stereo Sound
- Imagine the beautiful imagery you can capture with a camera that provides incredible performance in low-light scenarios. Meet the COOLPIX P310: the serious photographer’s pocket companion when mobility is necessary and light is fleeting. The P310 will astound you with its incredible quality and versatility.